1. The Olympics. Had a good discussion at work about curling. A friend thinks that any sport where you can drink a few beers and still compete shouldn't be an Olympic sport. Another friend is going to Dick's today to ask where they keep their curling stones. I just enjoy watching the guy who glides across the ice to get the stone going.
2. Speaking of the Olympics.....did you see me? I was in the women's downhill. I was the one who fell right out of the gate and then couldn't get out of the way for the event to continue for the really good skiers. That was so me.
3. New season of Lost. Good times. Such very, very good times.
4. "Keep your hands off my mama. Keep your hands off my Doritos." Funny stuff.
5. Had a George Costanza moment yesterday. Got cut off by not one, but two moms in the car line dropping Daniel off. After asking where the freaking fire was, I found myself yelling "We're living in a SOCIETY!"
6. Back to the Olympics. Hey McDonald's: Olympic athletes don't sit around eating McNuggets. No one's buying that. Not even the ones who think the athletes have time for a righteous snowball fight in the village.
7. Made butternut squash soup this week. Made my own curry powder by combining coriander, cumin, ginger, mustard, and saffron. Wish the finished product had been more butternutty and less curried, but it was good stuff. Didn't take pictures.
8. Just started reading a new book. A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. It's 1400+ pages. It's the first time I remember choosing a book for the sheer size of it. Hope it's good. A 1400 page book can either be the best, most engrossing thing you've ever read, or it could be a ginormous waste of twenty bucks and shelf space. Cross your fingers.
That just about sums up my creative juices over the last week or so. Sorry I couldn't do more with any of these. Here's hoping the drought will end soon.

3 comments:
How many pages is War and Peace?
My copy is 1455. In a related story, my copy of Les Miz is 1463. This one has 1474. If I finish, I think it will be the longest book I've ever read.
I've also been blog MIA recently, and instead of doing anything about it, I'll just comment on your blog!
Re: 1-2, 6: some of the curling matches had me almost as excited as the hockey. Who knew? And as funny falls go, my hero was the awesome czech fan who ate snow in the background of the last day men's cross country skiing. Did anyone else even see it??? All I know is that she was so excited that she went for a running leap as the men zoomed by (somewhere between lap 4-7) while she was proudly waving the Czech Rep. flag. She landed face first in the snow, got up and kept running, she never let go of the flag. It was the best. Also, I think some of the curlers might eat mcnuggets.
Re: 3: Where is Sawyer right now? I'm getting worried.
Re: 5: I always feel like Michael Keaton in Mr. Mom in carpool and I'm both frightened and intrigued by the way some women can become their own evil doppelganger just because they are sitting inside an SUV/minivan. Dude - I see you, this isn't an alternate reality, you can't cut me off/flip me off and then act like nothing happened once you don't have your big bad machine to hide in. Don't make me call Sayid.
Re: 7: No pictures, no proof.
Re: 8: Good luck with that. I'll wait for the movie.
Post a Comment