
I was so taken with the Beginner Yogaworks DVD that I bought the other two in the series. I am a big fan.
The Fit Abs DVD has two work-outs - one 10-minute hard-core workout, and one 40-minute "core yoga flow". I like the yoga flow a lot. It's a step up from the beginner workout, I don't sweat too much, but I do push myself in some of the poses. Morning Workout Billy leads the yogaflow class, but Patty is there doing the newbee modifications. (I suspect that Billy has a thing for Patty, but she doesn't seem interested.)
Body Slim is a hard work-out. Fifty minutes of what they call "Cardio-followed-by-slow-burn". They aren't kidding. I work up quite a lather in this one.
Jessie leads this class. In the other videos, she did all the modifications, so this is the first time I heard her talk. She's very peppy. She reminds us to smile a lot. Probably sees way to many angry people glaring at her everyday. Ironically, Jessie is on the cover of the Fit Abs DVD (left) but she teaches the class on the Body Slim DVD. Weird.I still do my morning and evening 10-minute workouts every day (or at least most days). And I have gotten pretty good at the 45-minute beginner class. It's really just a long, drawn out series of stretches. I like to do that in the evening when I can - I don't sweat during, so I can do it and go straight to bed. I feel like jelly after. It's AWESOME.
And with the new DVDs, I round out the easy beginner class with a good middle-of-the-road class, and a really hard butt-kicker. I have a little something for every mood. : )
But the really good news is: I feel GREAT. I have been consistently doing yoga for almost two months and I really can tell a difference in how I feel, and how my muscles feel when I do other things (running, biking, etc.) Yogaworks! It's not just a cute name!
So, if you are considering taking up yoga, or if you already do yoga and want an at-home option, I strongly recommend the Yogaworks series. I got all three from Amazon, and am really getting my money's worth.
Namaste.

No comments:
Post a Comment