Saturday, March 7, 2009

Internet Theories

So, as you all know well, I'm a HUGE Lost fan. This season is the best so far, although it doesn't have any of the character development that Season One had, which is what sold me on the show in the first place. But I digress.

If you don't watch Lost, what's wrong with you!?!?? No, sorry. I meant to say, if you don't watch Lost, you won't have any idea what I'm posting about. But if you do......you are probably more than aware of all the theories out there. The survivors are in heaven/hell/purgatory. The survivors only exist in Hurley's mind. There are TONS of theories, which usually change every week as new information is provided.

But here's a new one, and this one has nothing to do with what's actually been happening on the show. This one has to do with some tom-foolery from the show's producers. It was recently brought to my attention, via the Internet theorists, that the cast photo for Season Five (coincidentally, posted here just a few weeks back) is missing a little something. A little something called Daniel Faraday's left foot. See below:



So, I saw this photo, and then went back to the ABC web site on the suspicion that this photo had been shopped, if you know what I mean. And sure enough, in the original cast photo, Daniel is missing the foot. You wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it - at a glance, it looks like his foot is hidden in the vines. But on closer inspection, it's gone.

So what does this mean? Probably nothing. But there's a very interesting theory out there. A theory that some suspect the show's producers are hinting at by whacking off Faraday's foot.

Arthur C. Clarke once opined that any technology viewed by a primitive people would be seen as magic. If Daniel were to stop the babbling and travel back in time to an ancient civilization, with his knowledge and his technological advances, he would be viewed by said civilization as a magician, or possibly a god. A god that they might be persuaded to erect a statue to honor. See where this is going? I thought so. Daniel's left foot is gone, but all that remains of that crazy statue is the left foot. We know that Daniel's time travel caused the hatch to be built, so what if his time travel took him back to the ancient world, where he used his advanced knowledge to help them become an advanced people? What if Daniel created the very island race that he is trapped by today?

But again, it's just a theory. And probably wrong. But it sure is fun to speculate. Now if only we could get a gander at Daniel's toes....

And by the way, I don't think Ben actually killed Locke. But that's another post.

No comments: