Ellie Krieger's Pumpkin Pie Muffins (from The Food You Crave):
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole grain pastry flour (I used white whole wheat, but you can use regular whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I used allspice)
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (I used light brown)
3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk (I used low-fat yogurt)
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (I could only find roasted and salted seeds)
Combined the flours, baking soda, spices and salt, and set aside.
Mix together the sugar, molasses, oil, and one egg until just combined. Add the second egg and mix together. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and mix together. Add half the flour, the buttermilk, then the rest of the flour. Make sure everything is well combined, but don't overmix.
Pour into lined and lightly sprayed muffin tin. I use an ice cream scoop to portion out the batter, and I got 17 muffins. Top each muffin with a few pumpkin seeds (don't skip this step! It makes the most delicious crunch. Although, I did leave the seeds off a few muffins just to get Daniel to try them.) Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment