Saturday, June 6, 2009

Goodbye, Old Friend

It is with great sadness that I share this post with you. My dear friend for almost two years, my KitchenAid mixer, has died very unexpectedly during a cream whipping incident. It was chugging along, then it made a loud pop, and blah. No more nothing.

My grief is coupled with anger, as I did not get any kind of satisfaction from the KitchenAid people today when I chatted with them. They are sorry, the mixer is under warranty for one year, and beyond that, I'm on my own. I can drive it to Knoxville or Nashville and pay to have it looked at. Or how about this one - I can give them $32 and they will send me a box and some postage. I can then box it up, ship it to them, and sometime in the next month or so, they will call and tell me what's wrong, if it can be repaired, and what it will cost me. Maybe it's the grief talking, but this is a $300 mixer we're talking about, and all I got was a "Sorry! Thanks for contacting us!" And then they disconnected my chat without asking if I was done. I'm pissed.

So while I love my mixer and will miss it terribly, until this thing gets sorted out, I cannot continue to endorse the KitchenAid label. I have removed the picture of my mixer from my sidebar. You will be the first to know when this great trajedy has been resolved.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

My sincere and heartfelt condolences!! I fondly remember when you came barreling into my office to share the exciting news of your new KitchenAid. Like that day when I shared you excitement today I morn with you. The birthday and Holiday months are not so far away so I will pray that perhaps a new KitchenAid will grace your kitchen!!