Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Big Fat Geek Playlist, Updated

So, I'm on Lostpedia this week (yes, there is a Lostpedia, proving that I am not the biggest geek on the planet) looking for some info on a potential plot hole in season four (but there were two helicopters and two helipads on the freighter, so it was a false alarm) and I found an even MORE comprehensive playlist for Lost. By more comprehensive, I mean every single freakin' song that ever thought about appearing on the show (sung or hummed or whistled by characters, played on music boxes or mobiles or Muzak- EVERY song).

And while most of them were not playlist-worthy (I mean, does it really count that Sawyer sung a Bob Marley song on the raft?), I did make three additions, all songs that I know and love. I thought I would share for those of you keeping score at home:

Stay - Dave Matthews Band (playing in Shannon's apartment)
The End of the World - Skeeter Davis (playing in Kate's mom's diner)
It's Getting Better - Cass Elliot (playing on the radio when Michael drives into the wall, ironically)

In a related story, I'm really grooving on the season one soundtrack. Beautiful melodies. And hilarious titles as well. "Booneral", "Shannonigans","Crocodile Locke". And strangely enough, the most lovely, most haunting song on the soundtrack is called "Win One for the Reaper". Go figure.

No comments: