The Hour I First Believed, by Wally Lamb.I love Wally Lamb. His previous books - I Know This Much Is True and She's Come Undone - were excellent. Long and exhausting, but excellent.
And this one appears to be no exception. Ironically, it is a fictional account of a couple impacted by the events at Columbine High School. I had planned to put a little time between reading this, and reading Columbine, but Mark and I were stuck in the Atlanta airport coming back from Boston, and I finished my Jodi Picoult book with about five more hours to kill, and I had already ordered the new Pat Conroy book,which was the only other book I saw that I wanted, so I bought this one in the airport.
And so far, so good. I'm about a quarter of the way through it - my mom has warned me that it is really two books in one, and I really don't know what to expect in that regard. But I love a good book - two good books is even better!
P.S. - the new Jodi Picoult was good as well - Handle with Care. Not her best, by any means, but good, and very her.

No comments:
Post a Comment