Thursday, November 26, 2009

And Guess What We Did Today?

I didn't take the camera, so we'll just have to go with the promotional flyer. For the first time ever, the four of us participated in the annual 5K Turkey Trot in downtown JC. You can run it or walk it (we walked it). It started at 8:30, and it was chilly, but once we started moving, the weather was perfect - I didn't even break a sweat!! We all managed to stay together, and we all had great spirits. Ben and I finished in 53:40. Mark and DP sprinted to the finish and beat our time by 15 seconds or so. We saw lots of friends and teachers - lot of people even dressed up - we saw Pilgrims, Indians, Turkeys, and even an Elf! It was a really cool way to start the holiday. It made me thankful for good health, for family and friends. We even talked about running it next year (we'll see :).

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

Note: No turkeys were harmed in the completion of this race.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love it! I think I saw you in the background of a photo on FB!!