Monday, November 2, 2009

Puttin' the Old Back in Old Navy

Mark and I went out at lunch today to shop for jeans. I’m happy to say we both have a closet full of jeans that are too big. But I digress….

Mark had mentioned in his team meeting today that he needed jeans. He was immediately referred to Old Navy. “But we usually order from Land’s End….” He was scorned for paying too much for his jeans. (Let me jump in here and say that I don’t know where this is coming from, as I usually only pay $29.50 for jeans from Land’s End and frequently buy them on sale for even less, but here I go digressing again…..) He was assured that not only does Old Navy have great jeans, but they are on sale right now as well. So we set off…

We arrived at the store and immediately went to our respective departments. I found the ladies jeans and was overwhelmed by the selection. Boot cut, low rise, high rise, tall, short, relaxed, skinny. I could choose from “Weekend” jeans, “Diva” jeans, “Sweetheart” jeans, “Dreamer” jeans, and “Flirt” jeans. When I got to the “Flirt” jeans, I knew I was in the wrong store.

I made my way back to the exit and found Mark waiting for me. I said: “I think I’m too old to shop in this store.” He said: “I know what you mean.” I didn’t even ask what names he had to choose from.

We went out for coffee and went back to work. Sometimes, you feel old and it’s not a good thing. But other times, you feel old, and you’re completely OK with it. Today was one of those “OK with it” kind of days.

2 comments:

Ferdlings said...

Me too! I bit the bullet and went for new jeans but I'm too old for Old Navy. I need 1992 jeans. Natalie got me some low rise jeans a while back. I just wear the around the house to make her laugh (or cry).

Kelly said...

I'm there with both of you. My girls are too young to shop Old Navy and I'm too old. We mostly just stay away!! By the way, there's nothing wrong with Lands's End. If you find something that works for you, stick with it!