Every time I post lately, I feel obligated to apologize for my lack of posting. Well not today, Zurg. No apologies. I have great excuses this time, and frankly, you guys aren't exactly cranking out the blogs either.
What are my excuses, you may ask? Well , if you're on facebook and on my friends list and haven't blocked me from your newsfeed, you have probably guessed that we are moving. And we are! Congratulations! Too bad there are no prizes. But let me start at the beginning.
Mark was offered a position with our company in our Indiana office. It's a good offer, and hard to turn down, especially when followed-up with the fact that they are closing our local ops center and consolidating operations into the Indiana center. Don't want to relocate? How does unemployment sound? It was a no-brainer really.
So we are relocating. The ops center is in Jeffersonville, which is right across the river from Louisville, KY. We are still undecided if we want to live on the Kentucky side or the Indiana side, but there's still time for that. The boys will finish out the school year here and we will officially move some time this summer.
I, for one, am quite excited. When I moved here, I was 21 and was moving 300 miles northwest from my hometown. I am now 40, and moving 300 miles northwest of here. Apparently, I move 300 miles northwest every 20 years or so. Looks like Mark and I will be retiring to Peoria, IL.
All kidding aside, I AM excited. This is a great opportunity for Mark. He has worked hard and has earned some recognition. I am so proud of him and for him. And I can find absolutely nothing bad to say about the area we are moving to. It is beautiful (flat, but beautiful), the schools are great, Louisville has lots of metro-big-city stuff, but Indiana has lots of cozy-smalltown-laidback stuff. Best of both worlds. We will be two hours from the Colts and the Reds and, oddly enough, the Titans. Louisville has a professional indoor soccer team. AND....I recently read an article naming Louisville one of the tops cities in the country for foodies. What else could a girl want??
The downside to all of this - the reason we haven't been announcing from the rooftops that this is happening, is that 140 people that we know and have worked with for many years, will be unemployed in the next six months. Most have the opportunity to move if they choose, and while some will, many will not. It's a hard time to be excited when everyone else's future is uncertain.
So there it is. I will continue to be busy in the months to come, but will hopefully find the time to blog. Unapologetically.
If I don't post again, I wish both of my readers a very Merry Christmas, and a blessed New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! It sounds like a great opportunity, Congrats! I look forward to hearing all about the new hometown on your blog - esp. the foodie parts. As a family, I'd say you guys bring a lot to the table for a new town. IN and KY might need to rock paper scissors to see who gets you.
Hey, this is an exciting new adventure for your family, Charlotte. Sounds like this could re-inspire your blogging side. Been pretty slack about it, myself. I recommend KY, since it still sounds slightly southern. :)
word verification: tedesse- confused state of mind when choosing where to live.
Post a Comment