Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Movies, Movies, Movies!

I am really torqued about some upcoming summer movie releases. I haven't been excited about a movie in a while, but this summer looks to be a real burner. Take this week's poll and let me know which one you're most excited about. (If your favorite one isn't listed, sorry! I did my best to get all of the big ones up there!)

I was also very excited to learn today that The Time Traveler's Wife has been made into a movie, to be released in November. If you haven't read this book, do yourself a favor. It was fantastic. It tells the story of a couple who meet, fall in love, get married and live their life. Very normal, except that the husband, Henry, has a genetic problem that causes him to spontaneously travel through time. When he meets his wife for the first time, she's known him for about twelve years. (Chew on that one for a while.) It sounds science fictiony, but it really isn't. It's a great story, and absolutely the best time travel story I've ever read/seen.

According to IMDB, Rachel McAdams is playing Clare, and Eric Bana is playing Henry in the movie. Her I can see; him, not so much. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

9 comments:

Ferdlings said...

Ah, the ol' Time Travelers Wife. Originally picked up by Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston before their unfortunate demise. Best time travel story? What about "The Time Machine", "A Sound of Thunder" (story, not the movie)and "TimeCop"? And everybody's favorite "Somewhere in Time"?

Kyle said...

I HATE HATE HATE that I can only vote once!
I'm so psyched, jacked and pumped about Iron Man AND Dark Knight that I'm already losing sleep!!!

Charlotte said...

Better. Better. Better. Way better. Better.

Charlotte said...

Here's an interesting factoid: Robert Downey, Jr, who will be playing the much-ballyhooed Iron Man, will, according to IMDB, be making an appearance in the Incredible Hulk movie as one Tony Stark.

See, I think stuff like that is cool. Maybe it's just me.

Kyle said...

I think it's cool too that they take one of Hollywood's most notorious drunks to play Tony Stark, Marvel Comicdom's most notorious drunk.

Charlotte said...

Hmmm. Good point. Maybe they should get Alec Baldwin to play the Hulk.

George said...

I just returned from the future (I have a rare genetic disorder that causes me to time-travel). Anyhoo, I forgot to watch any movies while I was there, so I can't say whether they lived up to the hype. However, President Obama really liked the soundtrack to Dark Knight.

Kyle said...

Did he see the new She-Hulk movie starring Naomi Campbell.

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad 10,000 BC wasn't on your list. I can't even stand the commercials for that one. Yuck. I wish I could travel to the future when that movie was over and not have to see the commercials on tv anymore.

And I love Somewhere in Time. Christopher Reeve... sigh.