Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Soccer Game of the Season

The Galaxy lost their season opener 2-1. But we played really, really well - we just ran out of gas in the second half. We had one sub, and the other team had about nine. We refined our strategy - score early, and then make the keeper do all the work in the final minutes.

That's D kicking the ball toward #19. He played HARD all game, and even had a shot on the goal at one point. He passed it up to let another kid take the shot (#19, in fact) but he wasn't expecting it and the moment passed. Oh well. Good times anyway.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on a new season! We begin on Saturday - as much as six year old little girls CAN play soccer. Tell Daniel not to feel bad - I usually play well but run out of gas toward the end (in whatever I'm doing). I know EXACTLY how he feels. Nice pic. I remember watching Paul play soccer when we were little. I still don't know all the rules!