Friday, April 10, 2009

My (Sort Of) Brush With Fame

Followers of this blog are more than aware by now that most of my on-line time is being spent on Facebook, and not blogging. To those disappointed by my lack of dedication to my blog, all I can say is, friend me. Friend me because cool things happen to me on Facebook.

So, I'm a big fan of the Food Network show Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. Most nutritionists are all "Food is bad, bad, bad. Don't eat this, don't eat that. Bad. BAD!" But Ellie Krieger LOVES food - she has a very healthy attitude about food and eating. And so, I love her show.

And because I love her show, I joined the Facebook group "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger." And this week, all the members got an email telling us that Ellie had her own Facebook account and encouraged us all to friend her. And so I did. And she accepted my friend request.

(Now let me interject right here that I'm fairly certain that it's not REALLY Ellie Krieger managing this account. More than likely, it's an assistance or intern of some kind on her team. But a girl can dream. Let me get back to my story.)

So after she accepts my friend request, I put a post on her wall telling her how I really got into her superfood show, so much so that I made a New Year's resolution to eat more superfood. And she replied!! She said it was a great way to start the year, and she was happy to have been a part of my "motivation".

So yes, I chatted up my favorite nutritionist on Facebook. I'm still giddy. Giddy! Next thing you know, we'll be going out for soy milk lattes and hitting the farmer's market!!

1 comment:

The Nicholsons said...

That's awesome! I've tried many of her recipes and have always been amazed by how good they are. You can tell her I said so during your next latte get together.