A Tale of Two Cities, by the man himself, Charles Dickens.I'm reading this for three reasons:
1. Caryn recommended it.
2. It's being made into a Broadway musical, set to open in August or September.
3. I try to read a little Dickens once a year. (Not everybody does it, but everybody should.)
I have completed "Book the First" (I love that). I have to admit, it was way hard to follow at the beginning. It didn't help that I was always extremely tired when I picked it up. But as "Book the First" continued, and I got some rest, it became much clearer. I am happy to say I'm officially "into it".
On a side note, I had to put Wicked down for a while. I'm not saying I won't finish it, but I just had to take a break. It is so different from the story in the play, it's almost not even the same thing. And I like the story in the play (from how I understand it) much, much better.

1 comment:
Wow, what an honor! Line one recognition! I should have warned you though that the first chapter is a brainful. My students are usually ready to strangle me by page three... but it quickly gets better. One other tip: make yourself a little bookmark and keep a running tally of character ID's. Later on, you'll need to recognize some of the people who seemed obscure earlier on. There's a big payoff at the very end, especially from a Christian perspective, not to mention literary genius.
Post a Comment