In Saturday's baseball game, Ben played third base for a couple of innings. At one point, the ball took a bad hop and caught him right in the face. He tried to play it off, but he cried, and the coach came out to talk to him. We assumed he was imparting great words of encouragement - win one for the gipper kind of stuff - because Ben shook it off and stayed in the game. We were proud of his determination and grit.
After the game, we asked Ben what the coach said to him. Apparently, the conversation went like this:
Coach: "You OK?"
Ben: "No."
Coach: "You wanna come out?"
Ben: "Yes."
Coach: "Oh. Well, I don't have anybody else who can play third."
Ben. "Oh. OK. I guess I'll stay in."
Coach: " 'Preciate it."
And now you know the rest of the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Man, that's some good coachin'. Maybe I shoud be a coach.
I guess I would've said, "Rub some dirt on it."
I'm glad i don't have kids. That would have made me pretty upset. I guess that's the difference between girls and boys.
Post a Comment