Well, as my loyal readers know, I was perplexed as to what to cook for Christmas Dinner. In the end, I went with a leg of lamb. I roasted it over a bed of veggies (carrots, red potatoes, parsnips, and fennel) with white wine and a lemon-mustard glaze. It was pretty good - Mark's parents joined us, and none of us had ever had lamb before. We all sat around the table and chewed, looked at the ceiling a few times (why do you always look up when trying new food?), and then came to the conclusion that if no one told us, we would think we were eating roast beef. But it was good. For dessert we had a pear tart that I made (which was completely devoid of flavor of any kind - go figure) and a pecan pie that Mark made (delish!).
And the company was even better. Mark's dad used a walker all day (no chair! Yippee!), and everyone was in good spirits. The boys read the Christmas story from different scriptures. After dinner, we watched A Christmas Story and took naps.
Later on, Mark rescued a stranded brand-new RC helicopter from the roof with a tree trimmer and three large buckets. It was a Norman Rockwell day from start to finish.
I hope all your Christmases were just as merry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment