Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's for Lunch?

Frittata!!

I've always wanted to make a frittata. Why? Well, first off, it's fun to say. Secondly, it's a little high brow, but seems oh so easy. And it was.

I had leftover chicken and broccoli from Sunday lunch. So I sauteed them both in some olive oil in a small non-stick pan, mostly just to heat them up. Then I beat three eggs with my good friends salt and pepper, and poured the eggs over the chicken and broccoli. I let that sit in the pan over medium heat for eight minutes.

Then I sprinkled cheese over the top, and stuck the pan under the broiler for two more minutes and pronounced it done. It slid right out on the plate. I ate half, and Ben ate half of half (he wasn't as in to it as I was, probably because he didn't say it enough.) It tasted like a quiche with no crust. Pretty tasty. Not something I would want every day, but a nice treat for a day off, and a great way to dispense with some leftovers in an inventive way.

Everyone say it, altogether...Frittata!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds a lot like a glorified omelet. But the name is DEFINITELY more fun to say! Glad you enjoyed it.

Kyle said...

I had that at a Chinese place they called it, "Egg Fu Yung". Crazy Chinese.