We had another one of those "multi-activity" Saturdays, only for this one, I don't have pictures.
Mark and Ben spent the day at Merit Badge University. All the scouts in the council meet up at ETSU and attend workshops in the morning and afternoon that help them knock out requirements for merit badges. Ben went to workshops for Citizenship in the Nation and for Citizenship in the World. All he will tell us is that they talked about Obama and China. Hmmmm. Meanwhile, Mark attended some of the leader sessions - he earned a Red Cross First Aid Certification (he wrapped my arm in a sling when he got home) and went to a forum on rank advancement (still not sure what that was about.)
Daniel had his third soccer game of the season. This was far and away the best game so far. It ended in a tie, but it was all action, all the time. Daniel made the best header I've ever seen in youth soccer. He also ran full-boar into a girl twice his size - they both bounced a few feet before hitting the ground. It looked painful.
And me, well I cleaned the house and made hummus. I used the same recipe, only I subbed two teaspoons of ground ginger for the garlic. And I sprinkled Chinese Five Spice on the pita chips instead of salt. It was a very tasty change.
A good day, all in all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment