Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Hooray for Dollywood!
The boys are on Fall Break this week, so Mark and I took the day off and we spent the day at Dollywood. The weather was awesome, and the park wasn't crowded. (Well, actually there were quite a lot of old people there, but they weren't riding the rides, so it was all good.) Enjoy the pics of our day! And if you really want a good laugh, go over to Daniel's blog and check out his video of his first real roller coaster ride - it's hilarious!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I used to love Dollywood!
The last time I was at Dollywood, I saw Janie Frickey Live.
That's when Janie Frickey was somebody.
She's still somebody. It's just the name Frickey that went out of style....
Maybe she should just go by Janie.
I still love Dollywood! Kyle just doesn't take me to nice places like that any more. You guys look great. Hope you had a good time. I think we saw "Uncle Buck" when we were last there. I believe that's Dolly's sister's uncle's brother. His name is Leon, but they call him Buck for some reason or 'nother.
Do you remember the Blazing Fury? It's still there. Mark said that ride hasn't changed in 25years......
The firetruck roller coaster? It had a big dip near the end of the ride. I hated that.
I think years and years and years ago, Dollywood used to just be Silver Dollar City.
I also think the Beverly Hillbillies even filmed an episode there. That's back when Dolly was just a DD cup.
Well, thanks to the magical power of the internet, I have discovered the Beverly Hillbillies' Silver Dollar City was a different Silver Dollar City. A Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO.
My mom told me there weren't any rides! Kyle? There are rides?????? The only thing I ever did was sit through hours and hours of hillbilly music. Oh, and get my picture taken in black and white in a hillbilly outfit. That was fun.......come to think of it..........I think Uncle Buck was in that photo with me??
Yes! The firetruck roller coaster! Fire in the Hole! (They yell that when it starts up, some more enthusiastically than others.)
It was Silver Dollar City before Dolly came into town. She's cleaned the place up a tad.
Umm, Squid? There are lots of rides....
Thank you for telling me. I think I'll make a special trip just for that rollar coaster.Maybe I ought to ride it twice?
p.s. My word for the day is too easy... After the fifth spin on the roller coaster, Kyle looked at his wife and said,"Shannon? Izatyu??"
Post a Comment