I have been so impressed, as I'm sure most of you have, with my brother's creative videos, that I have created a tribute of sorts to him in my sidebar. It allegedly feeds from Youtube, so we'll see if it works. At the very least it pulled four of his videos, so watch those if you haven't seen them already. Let me heartily recommend A Countdown to Edisto Beach for those of you unfamiliar with his work. It's a light-hearted, yet detailed look into his cinematic genius.
I was disappointed that Driving Around and Singing, and The Shaving of the Beard did not appear. I will have to look into what happened there. Surely they have not been removed from Youtube. That would be a travesty.
For those of you unfamiliar with Ferdlings's early career, he directed a video in the late seventies shot at Cherry Grove called Cops and Robbers. He delved into acting in that short film, playing the part of the robber. I was honored to appear as the cop. It involved great use of props, and ferdlings even did his own stunts, including a fifteen foot jump off a deck into hot sand. Pirated copies of this video are selling for big bucks on ebay.
Who knew then the heights to which his genius would soar?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He's the next best thing to Stephen Spielberg, I'll admit, and I'm awfully proud to be related to such a genius!
Wow, such honors. I'm honored. Thank you, honoredly. I feel a quick shout out is needed for the one who told me I had a Windows Movie Maker program. You!
Post a Comment