Saturday, November 22, 2008

Birthday Recap

I know it seemed like any other day, but Thursday was kind of a big deal around here. It was my birthday! I turned 38, but we chose not to focus on that part. Instead, Mark took me to lunch at the Crazy Tomato - I had the Manicotti - it was crazy good. Mark, Ben, and Daniel made breakfast for dinner, and wrapped it up with a delicious Oreo pie. Daniel even serenaded me with his recorder while I took my bath. And the gifts....I cleaned up in the gift department:

A new caddy for my kitchen utensils. The black spatula on the left and black spoon on the right are also new:


I got two cool sealing plastic storage containers. I've already started keeping salt in the small one:


I got three new cookbooks. Can you guess who gave me which book?


I got the 7 in santoku chef's knife I've been coveting for about six months:


Mom sent me a sweet check with which I bought all of this for holiday entertaining:


And look what God gave me for my birthday:

(OK, so technically it didn't start snowing until the 21st, but it's the thought that counts!)

I had a wonderful birthday! Thanks to Mark, Ben, and Daniel for making it extra special!

2 comments:

The Nicholsons said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I want this birthday too!!!!

Karen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! YAY!