So I was bemoaning the lack of quality television available for kids these days. (If you are a parent with kids of a TV viewing age, I need not say more.) And I harkened back to the day when TV was something special. You know...the early seventies.
Taking a lead from uber-blogger Kyle, I am posting some pics of my favorite shows from that era. Do you remember these gems? (Paul - you should get every one...)
Show #1:

Show #3:
Show #4:
Show #5:


7 comments:
I think #3 is "Emergency" and #5 is "Land of the Lost". Am I right?
#1 was something like Electro-Woman (or Electra-worman, or Election Woman) and Dyno-girl (or Dyna Girl or Die No Girl).
#2 - I have NO IDEA, but that is one scary costume. It looks like Mork's evil nemesis.
#4 might be Ultraman.
Four for five! Nice work!
It is Electra Woman and Dyno Girl from the Kroft Supershow (a Saturday morning lineup of which Land of the Lost was also a feature..)
I didn't realize until posting the Emergency pic that the guy that played Roy DeSoto is also John Locke's dad on Lost....small world.
No guesses for #2?
Ha! That's great. I do know them:
Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
Space Giants
Emergency
Ultra Man
Land of the Lost
Cool.
Excellent!
Remember when Saturday morning TV was such a big deal they'd have a prime time special to kick off the new season? Good Times.
Space Giants?
I thought it was H.R. Puffnstuff.
Did Space Giants come on right before 240 Robert?
You know, Electro Woman must have been a great starting off point for her career, because she is now a soap opera SUPERSTAR!! "Marlena" has died and come back from the grave at least three times, been a serial killer, and even been demon possessed! I hate that I missed that Saturday morning action extravaganza.
Post a Comment