Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disappointed!

Mark and I work in different departments in the same ops center. This never used to happen, but for some reason, since I've been back, I regularly get emails that were intended for him. I think people type the last name in, and it auto-fills alphabetically, and I come up first, or something. Anyway, people can't be bothered to make sure they're emailing the right person, so I read through these messages trying to figure out why the heck Jim Bob in Dallas wants me to join some call at 2:00. And then I realize what's happened, and forward the note on the Mark, and say something witty like "this must be for you!". It's really fun when a conversation gets going and I have to forward like fifty notes on to him, or reply back to everybody to leave me the heck alone and read the &^%#$ distro next time! But I digress.

Today I get an email telling me that I've won an award! This is no Spot Award - this is the big one. The grand poobah of awards. Recipients get a day off with pay, $50, a prime parking spot, and a lovely piece of lucite to clutter up their desk. So I read that subject line "Congratulations! You've won an award!" and I am PUMPED. PUMPED! I start thinking what I'm spending my money on, and when I'm taking my day off. PUMPED! But as I read this email, I don't find my name anywhere. Like three people won awards, but none of them are named Creevedog. So I check the address list. And there I am. Right there in the cc line, with all the other department managers who have someone on their team who won this month. People like, say, Mark. Not people like, say, me. I've won jack. Some guy on Mark's team is spending my $50 and parking in my space.

As Kevin Kline would say "Disappointed!!!"

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I'll bet that lucite would've looked GOOD on your desk too!