Mark and I had lunch at Barberito's today. He got a meat skinny, and I got the cheese quesadillas with a side of sour cream and salsa. The salsa was fantastic! It wasn't really hot - and I like hot salsa. If you had asked me, I would have said it was pico de gallo - it was chunky instead of saucy - but I don't guess I really know the difference. Anyway, I had one of those moments where I thought "Hey, I could make this! What's in this - tomatoes, shallots, cilantro, is that lime?, - I could so make this!"
So I'm stopping by the store on the way home for a few items anyway, and I grab some fresh cilantro, a lime, and a can of petite diced tomatoes. I drain the tomatoes, finely dice a shallot, chop a handful of cilantro, drizzle in a couple turns of the olive oil bottle, juice the lime, salt, pepper and Presto! Pico de Gallo! Or Salsa! Whatever - it's really, really good! Again, not spicy like you get with the peppers. The lime and the cilantro give it a slight sweetness that's really tasty.
Right now it's "marrying flavors" in the fridge, which means, I think, it's only getting better. Yay! Tonight I'll be munching on chips and salsa while we watch season 2 of Lost on DVD. I miss that Mr. Eko. Good times.

2 comments:
Sounds great!
Oh, and if you need more Mr. Eko, pick up OZ seasons 1-6 on dvd.
Just make SURE the kids are in bed.
Surprisingly enough, Mark and I were big Oz fans. When I found our Adebisi was on Lost, I was sure he would be one of the Others. You know what I mean.
Post a Comment