Saturday, April 5, 2008

What I'm Reading Now

Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult. She's one of my favorite authors these days. I highly recommend Plain Truth (set in the Amish country) and Second Glance (with a supernatural spin). Vanishing Acts was really good as well - about a women who discovers she was kidnapped as a child. Picoult also writes about some pretty disturbing stuff - My Sister's Keeper is one that I have no desire whatsoever to read (I'll let you look up the story line for that one yourself.)

Nineteen Minutes is borderline too disturbing for me, but I'm trying it anyway. It's about a high school shooting spree reminiscent of Columbine. Picoult does a lot of research for her books, and brings a lot of realistic details to her writing. She also has a very readable style. I'll keep you posted on this one.

I did finish Julie and Julia - it got better, I have to say, but still not as good as I'd hoped. Two and a half out of five stars.

No comments: