Sorry about the absence of posts - I was in Dallas on business. And I have a few questions:
1. When someone compares your actual face to your picture ID, what should you do? Make eye contact? Look wistfully away like you're in an Olan Mills photo? What?
2. Airlines now board planes by zone. "Now boarding Zone 1" and so on. There is apparently no penalty for throwing an elbow and boarding outside your zone, by the way, but I digress. The zones are boarded front to back. Wouldn't it make more sense to board back to front? Or for that matter, window seats to aisle? Just a process improvement idea.
3. What did people do in airports before they had cell phones?
4. When you drive into DFW from I-635, you go through a toll booth kind of a thing where they give you a ticket. Looks like a ticket you would get in a parking garage. Then you drive about a quarter mile, and go through another toll booth kind of thing. This time, they take the ticket back. What the heck is that?
5. Why do you feel so foolish standing around without your shoes on?
6. Why do people try so hard to appear like they don't need to hang on for dear life on the train in the Atlanta airport? Do they think they look cool, being all stiff and lock-jawed? They look like they're being electrocuted. I hang on with both hands and bend at the knees - I'm not impressing anybody.
7. Why do flight attendents get shoulder belts as well as lap belts in those little jump seats they sit in? If those shoulder belts increase my odds in any way, I would like some, too.
8. What does Don't Mess With Texas really mean? How would someone "mess with" a state? And what states can you mess with? Rhode Island? Idaho?
That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not sure about Texas, but in some states you get a toll booth ticket that has a time on it. When you return it at the next booth, if you arrived there too quickly they give you a speeding ticket. Give it a try next time.
1. Stare directly at them and try to replicate the look on your photo.
2. Back to front is GENIUS. That must be why they don't do it.
3. Drink? Read? Stand in payphone lines?
4. If what George says is true, what a mean trick!
5. Do celebs take off their shoes, too?
6. "I'm so cool I can defy the laws of physics!"
7. Friggin flight attendants and all their perks!
8. Vermont and Rhode Island are OK. Texas and South Carolina are not.
Glad you are back- you have been missed!
Teller (of Penn &) used to handle number one by gluing a small piece of red foam over his nose in the photo. He'd also then carry a red foam clown nose wherever he went. So while the person looked at his id photo, he slipped the clown nose onto his nose and they'd look up to see that he matched the id photo...
Post a Comment