Monday, February 25, 2008

Movie Quotes

As with any relationship that crosses long spans of time, Mark and I have developed our own language. Many of our catch-phrases come from movies - not big blockbusters, necessarily, just regular old movies that we saw on dates or in the early married days that have stuck with us for some reason. We say these things all the time - do any of them ring any bells with you?

1. "I'm sayin' what I'm sayin'."
2. "No really, what are we going to do?"
3. "Did he say...funky butt-lovin'?"
4. "He shoulda armed himself, before he decorated his saloon with my friend."
5. "Up yer butt, Joe-Boo."
6. "Now you listen to me, Mr. Manfredchensen..."
7. "I dry-gulched him." (We don't really quote this one exactly, so much as we use the great phrase "dry-gulch" as often as applicable.)
8. "Barnekey! Barnekey! That guy owes me money!"
9. "It doesn't hurt here or here so much. Just right along here."
10. "Oh wait. Was she some great big fat person?"

11 comments:

Kyle said...

I know the Unforgiven and Silence of the Lambs quotes, but that's about it. Number 6 looks like something Chevy Chase would say.

Jennifer said...

I just wish I was around you guys more often so I could hear you say "funky butt-lovin'."

George said...

I don't recognize any of these (although I agree that number 6 sounds very Fletch-esque). Please post their sources so I can add them to my NetFlix queue.

That Neil Guy said...

Wow. I don't recognize a single one. I guess I'm just out of touch with you kids today.

Charlotte said...

I'm going to hold off before the big reveal, in hopes that Ferdlings will ring in. He should know some of these.

And no, Chevy Chase is not responsible for #6. I can't believe no one got it - it's one of the funniest movies of all time.

Ferdlings said...

That's great. I was at a loss... Absolutely nothing until the very last three: Stripes, Tommy Boy, Silence of the Lambs.

"Mr Manfredgensen" tings a bell though.

Charlotte said...

OK, here you go:

1. Kurt Russell in Overboard.
2. Walter Mathau in The Survivors.
3. Some fat kid in Rookie of the Year.
4. The Mighty Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven (Mark's favorite movie of all time).
5. Drunk guy in Major League (moments before getting beaned in the noggin by a renegade bat.)
6. John Cleese's wife in A Fish Called Wanda. (How could you miss that?!?!)
7. Robert Deniro in This Boy's Life (to 'dry-gulch' is to take one's foreman, and slam it into another person's adam's apple with great force.)
8. Bill Murray in Stripes.
9. Chris Farley in Tommy Boy.
10. The memorable Jame Gum in Silence of the Lambs.

Good times.

Kyle said...

That was great. "A great and fun ride" as Hitler said.

Ferdlings said...

"Up yer butt, Joe-Boo." How did I miss that one? My favorite line from that masterpiece (which surprisingly ends with a pennant win, not the world series)is Wild Thing saying, "You want me to drag him outside and kick the sh*t out of him?"

George said...

Of course, "a fish called Wanda" how could we miss that? At least we were thinking of the right era and genre.

Kelly said...

#6 - Pink Panther??