Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ben Graduates Fifth Grade! Daniel Graduates Third!

As we do every year at this time, we went to lots of end of the year festivities at the school. Ben's was a little more in-depth this year, as he was "graduating". We attended a very nice, very heart-warming, very lengthy, graduation ceremony on Wednesday. Ben was recognized for getting a perfect score on the state writing exam, and for earning the most AR points in his class. He also won the Presidential Award for Academic Excellence, which is given to students who maintain straight A's from third grade up, and who scored "advanced" on their TCAP tests. That was quite an achievement for him! He is pictured above with his principal - I had to laugh - as each kid came up to get their "diploma", she bent over and whispered "Where's your parents?" and wherever the kid pointed, she turned and grinned for a picture.

Daniel (who I didn't get pics of, but did get a video of - I will post when I can get the time to edit it) performed the role of "Father", quite passionately, I might add, in a class play. He was given an award for his penmanship (cursive writing in third grade, and all that) and an Academic Excellence Award for straight A's.

We are very, VERY proud of our sixth grader, and our fourth grader. Can you believe they are that old? Where does the time go....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana and Granddaddy are very proud of Ben and Daniel. A rising 6th grader and a rising 4th grader. A job well done, boys.

Ferdlings said...

Why is the lady on the far left wearing a birthday hat?

Charlotte said...

She said something about just getting back from an Ace Frehley concert. Apparently, things got a little wild...

Jennifer said...

what smart achievers you are raising there! congrats to all!