I started by brining a pork tenderloin overnight. This morning, I set the crock pot stoneware insert on the stove (an added feature - you can use it on the stovetop!), drizzled in a little olive oil and browned the tenderloin. Then I set the stoneware back in the crock pot base and added a quartered onion, a quartered lemon, four cloves of garlic, some dried thyme, about a half a cup each of chicken broth and white wine, and a handful of dried cherries. I cooked it on low for seven hours, then on warm till we got home.
When I got home, I took the meat out to rest. The wine and lemon had reduced so much that the gravy it made was almost too strong. So I added another cup or so of chicken broth. I also added a bit of corn starch to thicken it a little. I turned the heat up to high and let it cook while I made rice and grilled zuccini strips.
I strained the gravy and dinner was served. The pork was a little dry, but it was very tender. Overall, a good first try. Mark called it a repeater after one bite. That's always a good sign.

1 comment:
The crock pot looks awesome! Very today. And the recipie sounds great.
I can't find how to get into Daniel's blog- help. I would love his review of Ironman- yours too.
Love your blog, Mom
Post a Comment