Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Peyton Manning Story

Ben reminded me of the Peyton Manning story last night - it still cracks me up. I only hope it plays as well in print...

Me and Mark and the boys are in the car. Mark is telling us about his buddy getting to meet Peyton Manning at a charity golf tournament. You get a foursome together, pay an entry fee, and play in the tourney. Manning stays at one tee box all day, and as the players come through, they get to tee off with him at this one hole. They take pictures, get autographs, etc. Most importantly, they get to tell all their buddies that they played golf with Peyton Manning. Good times for all.

Mid-way through the story, Ben breaks wind in the back seat. I neither hear it nor smell it. I have no idea this has happened.

So here's what Mark says: "Chad gets to the hole where Manning is and he shakes his hand and says 'I'm Chad So-and-So, I'm a big fan' and Manning says .....Dude! Did you bust one?!?!??! Gyyyahhhh.... "

I'm looking at Mark as he says this, and I'm thinking "What's worse? Meeting Peyton Manning and cracking one off, or having him call you out for it?"

1 comment:

George said...

That's hilarious! "Silent but Hilarious!"