Saturday, June 14, 2008

What I'm Reading Now

Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run, by Alton Brown.

I watched all of the original Feasting on Asphalt, and thoroughly enjoyed it (although, I thought Tennessee got cheated). I missed several episodes of The River Run, but very much enjoyed the episodes I did see (the eating of the Koolickle and the misidentification of the stuffed nutra come to mind). The book follows their antics fairly closely to the TV version - I don't think there's a lot of extra stuff here, but there are recipes, which is a nice bonus. I just read the part where AB makes one of the crew guys put on the Andouille sausage suit and dance by the side of the road.

For those of you who haven't watched, Feasting on Asphalt was a Food Network show that chronicled AB's motorcycle ride across country, the goal of which was to experience all manner of road food. The River Run followed the same goal, but this time up the Mississippi River. Coming soon, AB will be feasting on island food, which means, I think, he'll be boating and not biking.

No comments: